The Kite Runner is an amazing book. It kept me up the whole night, made me slept past my alarm and skipped my lecture. But I just can't help it. After I woke up, I could do nothing but fervently continued and flipped through till the last page of the book. As with all good books, that same sense of loss, abruptness, devastation overwhelm me when I finally got to the last page. I think I never liked stories to end.
"Happiness like this is frightening...They only let you be this happy if they're preparing to take something from you."
This book made me cry and cry. Like, what's new. But it's really a good read, and that's why I feared getting started on it in the first place. Because I know when I start on something good, I just have to finish it. There's nothing in me that is able to stop me from being thrown into the story and wanting to devour every single word in one shot.
"I woke up with a scream trapped in my throat."